Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Friday, October 10, 2008

Yay!!! 10 more weeks to go!!!!

Baby's bedding should be her next week so once that gets here we're going to start setting up the nursery, the two beds will go downstairs and I'll start washing the clothes that I have for her. I'm quite impressed with how much mobility I still have, the Snoogle has healed all my hip pains! I do get heartburn once in a while but nothing that a tum or two can't handle! I'm still able to get up on my own (usually) and I'd like to think that my belly doesn't slow me down that much. I'm still getting a fair amount of Braxton Hicks', yesterday I got 3 back to back - one of which hurt. Colin gets worried every time I get one, it's pretty cute to see him get nervous. You can see the wheels in his head turning every time I get one "what else do we need to do before this little girl arrives?" He just sits there and makes a mental list.

Your baby's lungs and digestive
tract are almost fully developed. While your baby may soon slow up growing in
length, (he measures about 15.7 inches/ 40 centimetres from crown to toe by
now), he will continue to gain weight until he's born.


This week your baby continues to
open and shut his eyes. He can probably see what's going on in utero,
distinguish light from dark and even track a light source. If you shine a light
on your stomach, your baby may move his head to follow the light or even reach
out to touch the moving glow. Some researchers think baring your stomach to
light stimulates visual development. But don't expect 20/20 vision when your
baby is born -- newborns can see a distance of only about 8 to 12 inches/ 20 to
30 centimetres. (Children with normal vision don't reach 20/20 vision until
about age 7 to 9.) To complete the picture, your baby now has eyebrows and
eyelashes.


A pint and a half/around a litre of
amniotic fluid now surrounds your baby but that volume decreases as he gets
bigger and has less room in your uterus. As you and the baby continue to grow,
don't be alarmed if you feel breathless, as if you can't get enough air; it's
just your uterus pressing against your diaphragm. There is a light at the end of
the tunnel though. At about 34 weeks (or just before delivery, if this is your
second or third pregnancy), your baby's head will move down into your pelvis as
the baby gets into the right position for birth. That will make breathing and
eating a lot easier


No comments:

Post a Comment