Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Friday, August 29, 2008

Ultrasound Appointment


Well this one was very different than Robbie's and I've gotta say we were left with a little bit of an anti-climatic experience.


So they call me into the examining room and Colin is following me until he gets told to sit in the waiting room until he's called for, she said it would be about a 20 min wait (Col never left my side during Robbie's). So she had me lift the shirt and pull the pants down to the hips and she proceeded to ask me if my bladder's full.... HELLO?!!?! I'm pregnant and you just had me drink 6 glasses of water an hour before this appointment!!!! I said "oh yeah - it's full", she put the wand on my bladder and was quick to ask me to empty it before we started (thank goodness!). After feeling like a weight was lifted off of my bladder I went back into the room and laid on the bed. She did all of her measurements of the cervix, placenta, etc (even did my left and right kidney) and then she moved on to the baby. She was able to get the spine and the head with no problems and then she started shoving her wand into my belly while she shook and pushed the baby! Turns out Eggy was facing my spine, she was able to show me that baby was practically wrapped around my spine. The tech kept on probing poor Eggy because she really needed it to flip over so that she could take a good look at the heart, liver, lungs ,etc. She had me lie on both of my sides in hopes gravity would help flip Eggy. No such luck!


The tech ended up going from underneath, which meant her wand jabbing down and into me. We were able to see that both of its feet were up in front of its face.... one of which was touching its nose and one of its hands was on its forehead. After barely getting the measurements she needed, the tech left the room to finally go get Colin. We were able to see baby take a big yawn (which was literally as big as half of her head) and it stuck its tongue out at us... it was very unimpressed with all the moving and poking that the tech had been doing to it. So Colin asked the burning question "do we know a sex?" The baby's legs were pretty closed shut but after a couple more jabs to the baby she was able to get an angle in between those legs, to quote the tech "there should be a gear shift right here... and ther isn't" Ummm.... what?!?! I had myself convinced it was a boy. Of course it was a really bad angle so she wasn't 100% sure but she said she's 80% sure it's a girl!
Colin asked about the 3D ultrasound and she said that I wasn't booked for it (grrr.... I had requested 3D when I called!) and all she gave us was this one picture. Brutal! I spend an hour with you jabbing this wand into my belly and shaking my child and you give me ONE picture?!?! So once we got home I called up UC Baby and made an appointment for a non-medical ultrasound. We weren't able to get a good profile picture of baby because she was facing my spine and I felt that it wasn't a very parent-friendly appointment. I realize that the main purpose is to make sure baby's doing okay but with Robbie we had an awesome experience and we were shown all of Robbie's parts. So Sept 29th we're driving Calgary to go see Eggette in 3D/4D! :)



Oh! She's measuring to be 24 weeks old... so according to the measurements she she be due Dec 19th :)

No comments:

Post a Comment