At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
Another week gone, I'll be sure to take some belly pictures today. The belly has a nice round shape to it now and is starting to feel hard. Eggy's been really active lately which has been really exciting. I didn't realize how much I've missed the feeling of having a little person inside of me squirming around, it's a constant reminder that I've got another Robbie brewing... I'm SO excited to meet this little guy. Tomorrow we go to the doctors for another check up and then on the 29th we've got the big ultrasound, we're really looking forward to seeing this little guy that's been making himself known since day one (pretty much). I will post more when info becomes available to me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment