ohhh little Lana I hope the worst is over for you.
Sleeping has been a big issue for Lana for the last 2-3 weeks. She's a horrible napper (she's gone days where she hasn't napped at all!), she falls asleep on the boob but she usually wakes up when I put her down in the crib. I've tried to leave her alone in hopes that she'll put herself back to sleep but she just gets so worked up and it physically hurts my heart to hear her cry like that. She still sleeps through the night (usually about 10-11hrs) so I'm happy about that but it's becomes pretty demanding when I'm constantly holding or nursing the little monkey.
I know she can nap for long periods of time, she slept for 3-4 hrs when we drove down to Calgary. So her issue is that she doesn't know how to put herself back to sleep if she does wake up (along with the initial putting herself to sleep) Up until now she's been relying on nursing to get herself to sleep but after she bruised a nipple and clawed one of my boobs I'm more inclined to teach her how to put herself to sleep.
Last night I was exhausted and we ended up letting her cry it out. She wasn't tired enough to nurse herself to sleep, she was too PO'd to rock her to sleep but she was so cranky and didn't want to be awake. Colin said she only cried for about 5 minutes but listening to it felt like a lifetime :( She woke herself up about half an hour later and cried for another couple of minutes before falling back asleep for the night. I think I'm going to have to suck it up and have her do that from now on. Stick to a routine: wake up, feed, play, hygiene, comfort nursing, bed (while in a calm semi-awake state) Wish me luck!
We went for her shots yesterday. She was so happy to be there and while the nurse was talking to me about her sleeping issues Lana kept on interrupting us with her two cents, she is such a gabber!! Coo'ing and ahhh'ing it was/is adorable. Then it was immunization time, we had to assume the position and as soon as I snuggled her into my body and held that little leg she started crying :( I couldn't watch the needle going in so I watched as my baby cry as she got 3 needles. As soon as it was over she stopped crying and just sniffled as she wiped her tears onto my shoulder.
No comments:
Post a Comment