Sunday, March 29, 2009
Updates
1) I went for my "6 week" post-partum appointment on Thursday and it was pretty depressing and a little surreal. I laid there as he checked me while Lana was giving me smiles as she stood on my belly and I started thinking back... that was the exact same room and I was lying in that exact same position 14 weeks and 3 days ago when he did a stretch and sweep which (I believe) started my journey to meeting our little Lana. I kept on remembering how big the belly was and how hard it was for me to get myself up onto the table and then I would look up at Lana and she'd be giving me these ginormous smiles. It's amazing how the grow and develop so fast.
2) Our little Lana's got a sensitive tush. We were originally using Pampers but she just kept on getting bum rashes every couple of days, we tried a no name brand that had no dyes, scent, etc. but it wasn't doing a great job at keeping the "poonami's" in and they were really stiff. We're on our third day using Huggies and I think we have a winner!
3) Up until a couple days ago Lana was NOT a bath person, she would scream bloody murder! So I ended up jumping in the bath with her a couple weeks ago and she loves it! I forgot how much of a bonding experience it is, she gives me smiles and giggles and will let me wash all her without putting up a fuss.
4) She's a squirmer... big time. Last night she woke herself up twice because she squirmed her way up into the crib bars. I had taken the bumper pads off because they say it increases the risk of SIDS but I don't want my baby getting wedged in those bars, so we made the executive decision for the pads to go back on.
5) She's a HORRIBLE napper. If she's not nursing she'll wake up and start screaming bloody murder... but I've discovered a trick. I'll bring her to bed with me while nursing and I can usually get her to sleep an hour or two in our bed (sometimes I'll nap with her too)
6) She's slowly growing! I just went through her clothes and packed away her newborn and (some) 0-3 month clothes. She's going to be petite, she fitting into some 3-6 month tops but 0-3 pants are JUST starting to fit her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment