*sigh*... Another milestone is here.
It is very different this time around, with Robbie I was always looking ahead to his next first but with Lana I'm soaking in every little bit of her because I know it won't last long.
I'm not sure how much she weighs right now, we go for another set of shots as well as a doctor's appointment next month, so we'll find out them. I'm guessing she's at least 14 lbs right now.
She is sleeping like a champ. Usually goes down between 8 and 9 pm and doesn't wake until 8 am! The reason for Robbie switching over to formula was because he was still waking 2-3 times a night at 7 months but seeing as though Lana's sleeping through the night I'm not sure how long I'll nurse until... I guess we'll play it by ear.
She is quite the little flirt and her smiles are so contagious. She loves to be talked to and the goofier the smile you give her the bigger the smile you'll get in return.
She doesn't really like to be treated like a baby. Her head isn't floppy at all anymore so she prefers to be bouncing on the knee or standing up (assisted, of course). She is still in awe over the painting that we have in our living room, it's made up of bright primary colors so every time she stands on my lap she looks up and smiles with approval while she looks at the picture.
The only bad thing is that she has become a boob addict like her brother once was. It's mostly my fault, I hate hearing her cry so I pop her a boob (she will only take her soother if it's in the car and she's screaming bloody murder) She has started doing what Robbie did, after I put her down she wakes herself up and then gets mad that she's not in my arms. I've tried putting her down while she's dozy but she just wakes right up and flips out. Unfortunately we're going to have to do the sleep training to her like we did to Robbie. I don't see us doing it for another month or two, until she's moved into her own room and has settled in.
She's such a joy to be around and her little brother has welcomed her with open arms. He just recently got some Mickey Mouse figurines from the Disney store and he always wants to share them with her. Her hands are still in a fist but if you open them for her to grasp the toy she'll hold onto it for a little while before letting it go.
I am still pumping, I still get engorged in the mornings so I pump about 5oz before the monkeys get up. Colin got a big kick out of feeding Lana that one time so hopefully he can do more and maybe sometime down the road we can go on another date :)
It is very different this time around, with Robbie I was always looking ahead to his next first but with Lana I'm soaking in every little bit of her because I know it won't last long.I'm not sure how much she weighs right now, we go for another set of shots as well as a doctor's appointment next month, so we'll find out them. I'm guessing she's at least 14 lbs right now.
She is sleeping like a champ. Usually goes down between 8 and 9 pm and doesn't wake until 8 am! The reason for Robbie switching over to formula was because he was still waking 2-3 times a night at 7 months but seeing as though Lana's sleeping through the night I'm not sure how long I'll nurse until... I guess we'll play it by ear.
She is quite the little flirt and her smiles are so contagious. She loves to be talked to and the goofier the smile you give her the bigger the smile you'll get in return. She doesn't really like to be treated like a baby. Her head isn't floppy at all anymore so she prefers to be bouncing on the knee or standing up (assisted, of course). She is still in awe over the painting that we have in our living room, it's made up of bright primary colors so every time she stands on my lap she looks up and smiles with approval while she looks at the picture.
The only bad thing is that she has become a boob addict like her brother once was. It's mostly my fault, I hate hearing her cry so I pop her a boob (she will only take her soother if it's in the car and she's screaming bloody murder) She has started doing what Robbie did, after I put her down she wakes herself up and then gets mad that she's not in my arms. I've tried putting her down while she's dozy but she just wakes right up and flips out. Unfortunately we're going to have to do the sleep training to her like we did to Robbie. I don't see us doing it for another month or two, until she's moved into her own room and has settled in.
I am still pumping, I still get engorged in the mornings so I pump about 5oz before the monkeys get up. Colin got a big kick out of feeding Lana that one time so hopefully he can do more and maybe sometime down the road we can go on another date :)
No comments:
Post a Comment