It sounds like it was a success.
We got to the house and asked Christy if she wanted RW and I to hang around for a little bit to get her a little more comfortable with her surroundings, she said that if I'm okay to just to leave her. So we did (reluctantly). I guess she didn't cry after we left and was playing with the kids and toys really well. Christy thinks she's "a sweetheart", I guess Christy sneezed and Little Lana piped up with a "bez you"!
Sleeping was a little bit of an issue (rightfully so, new people and new surroundings) Christy ended up putting Lana down beside the couch where Christy was and ended up sleeping for 1.5 hrs. Apparently she didn't want to eat, but she did have a big breaky so I'm not totally shocked.
In the afternoon they all went to the park, like Lana always does - she took some time to analyze the situation before joining in. When we stepped through the door she was happy as can be (she didn't even run to me for a hug) so she must have had a good day :) Christy thinks that after a couple of days there may be more tears once she realizes that this is going to be a routine... I'm just super proud of her. I was expecting a puffy-eyed and booger filled hot mess, I was pleasantly mistaken!
Good job little girl!!
No comments:
Post a Comment