Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Updates

My husband has brought it to my attention that I haven't blogged in a while.... so here I am!

• Little Lana is becoming quite a Daddy's girl, her arms flail and legs kick every time he comes home from work. When he picks her up she goes in for an open mouth kiss!
• She's got no problem crawling and climbing up furniture but sometimes she gets a little distracted and has been known to face plant (sometimes on the tile floor - OUCH!)
• She waves hello (caught it on video)
• She dances (also caught on video)
• She LOVES to play a little game of "give and take". She'll offer you her teddy and as soon as you snuggle it she gets all excited, then she waits patiently for you to give it back to her so that she can get some snuggles too. She's been known to play this game for (what seems like) ever!
• She's taught me some sign language. Every time she wants more food she open and closes her right hand, after talking with Aunty Alison I have come to find out that the real meaning of that sign is milk.... oh well, in Lana's land it means more!
• I have started introducing formula. She hasn't spit it up or rejected it, so that's a plus. She only drinks a couple ounces at a time and seems to prefer it when it's at room temperature. In another month she'll be able to start whole milk, I pray she's a milk drinker - unlike her brother.
• She's finally starting to eat some fruit! Raspberries, grapes and blueberries. A couple of days ago Robbie asked for some "cold blueberries" aka frozen. You should have seen these two... SO MESSY! Hopefully my OxiClean can do its magic again.
• I'm slowly selling all of our baby stuff and I'm excited! I'm SO done having babies.
• We got Lana a new stroller. It has a step at the back so Robbie can hop on if he's getting tired and it's a lot more sturdy for the upcoming snow and slush (I'm in the process of selling our old one)
• Lana is finally starting to understand that bed time doesn't have to be a sad time. She's grown quite attached to a little teddy bear (that was originally given to Robbie) and a small Curious George which I think has aided in calming her down.


So there you have it! I'm working on Lana's birthday invites - I think we're aiming for Dec. 19th!

No comments:

Post a Comment